Oh, no! The streak ended at two days. Wait...what? Day 3 is here! (The crowd goes wild.) I didn't squeeze writing in during the day, so I had to choose between putting Mia to bed or eeking out a post. Well, if I put her to bed, I'm usually down for the count. So, here I am writing the day after, which means when I say today in the post, it's really talking about yesterday.
(Note to self: get a draft started each day. It's easier for your brain and the momentum is helpful.)
A few things came up today that could have derailed us. Due to a hair appointment and drum lessons, we got a later start than usual. Then I had to decide whether to do Zone Work before or after I went to Curves. I opted for doing the housework first because I have to get 5 people involved, versus just myself and an assigned Mia watcher for the work out. I knew it would be a challenge to get a workout in, but I made it, barely. Yea us!
Here's the wrap-up. .
Reflections (Theme from the Jimmy Fallon's JB skit in my head.)
1) Writing the daily focus on the whtieboard was helpful.
2) When planning ZoneWork with a crew, consider if they will get in each other's way or not.
3) Note tomorrow's tasks on back of printed Zone List.
4) Note tweaks to Zone List on paper. Add them to Cozi either daily or at end of week.
Results: Per yesterday's prep list, the breakdown of planned vs. done.
1) Clean behind & under buffet. (Done.)
2) Dust & wipe down windowsills. (Done. Added clean inside of window above sink. "Clean outside of window" will be added to Jack's To Do List on Cozi.)
3) Clean microwave, insde & out. (Done. Took entire 15 minutes! Ew. Will clean under either later this week or next time we're in this zone.)
4) Clean outisde of trashcan, washer, & dryer. (Done. Funny how I enjoy seeing the outside of the trashcan clean. Who knew.)
5) Organize cabinet containing plastics. (Not done due to proximity to the microwave.)
(Editor's note: I'm playing with the format of these posts. Today's tweak: the nouns in bold on the list were done. I'm also trying out different post titles.)
Ready for tomorrow:
1) Organize "plastics" cabinet. (Couldn't do it yesterday due to proximity to microwave, which was being cleaned.) Wondering if this is a two-person task.
2) Clean front of large appliances.
3) Clean exterior of cabinets.
4) Clean wall under calendar.
I took a minute after our Zone Work to make this list so it would be fresh on my brain. My Zone Lists will be tweaked as we go, tailored to our family's ages and abilities and our living space. Cozi makes it super easy to do that.
Randomness: Seeing "Visualize Whirled Peas" at the end of the Super Bowl half-time show would have been epic...and more likely than world peace. Next best thing - having the basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest on the field ala "Where's Waldo?"
(Randomness feature added today because...well, because I can. It's my meager attempt to spice up the "what I cleaned today" nature of this series.)