I just registered for the 2015 East Texas Christian Writer's Conference. (Presents register, too.)
I look forward to the conference each year because it's lots of things rolled into one:
- writing education - Soaking up all I can from others writers and people in the writing business feeds my brain.
- a reason to be on a beautiful college campus - Spending a day on a college campus for me is like spending a day at the mall for a 1980's teenager. It's totally rad, dude.
- girlfriend time - The trip back and from from Austin to Marshall with my simpatico friend Ms. Lynn is especially sweet now that we don't get to see each other often.
- a sort of homecoming - Thanks to living in a few East Texas towns with strong Christian church cultures, I became a Christian in 9th grade. Over the past few years I've realized that going back to East Texas is is physical reminder of my spiritual rebirth.
- a spiritual retreat - I've never gotten into church conferences and retreats. I feel a little bad about that, like that makes me less spiritual. (There's some blog fodder.), but I've completely come to terms with that. Another realization I've had since attending this conference on a yearly basis is that this is an annual opportunity for me to connect with God (and Jesus!). Usually on the drive to or from the conference I have some penetrating fellowship with God, in the years I've one solo. Since traveling with my friend Ms. Lynn, I get the benefit of her fellowship.
- a mini-vacation - Taking a break from the everyday routine is lovely.
I hope you can join us at this year's conference and experience your own reasons to love the East Texas Christian Writers Conference.